ANIMAX COSPLAY COMPETITION 2016
By registering and therefore participating in Animax Cosplay Competition 2016 (the "Competition"), each participant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to be bound by any decisions made by ANIMAX ASIA (the "Channel") including any interpretations of these Official Rules.
The Competition will be held in Malaysia, Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre Halls 2 and 3 (the “Venue”) on 26 March 2016. The Channel reserves the right to remove, take down and/or disqualify any entry or photographs without prior notice for any reason including, but not limited to, if the Channel is notified or made aware that such entry violates the rights of any person whomsoever or is not in compliance with these Official Rules or any government regulations.
The registration period for the Competition begins on (i) 20 February 2016 at 9:00am Malaysia time and ends on 18 March 2016 at 11:59pm Malaysia time for online registration, and (ii) 26 March 2016 from 9:00am Malaysia time to 10:30am Malaysia time for on-ground registration at the Venue. In order to be eligible to participate in the Competition, online registrations must be received by the Channel by 18 March 2016 at 11:59pm Malaysia time and on-ground registrations must be received by the Channel by 26 March 2016 at 10:30am Malaysia time. Any registrations received after the aforementioned times shall be deemed invalid and void.
No group entries are allowed.
In order to register, each participant must submit his/her full name, month and year of birth, country of residence, email address and contact number to the Channel through the following method:
- Online registration: By entering the Channel's website at www.animax-asia.com/acmy2016; and
- On-ground registration: A duly completed registration form which is available at the Venue’s registration counter.
A designated representative of the Channel in Singapore (the “Channel’s Representative”) will notify (a) each successful online participant by way of a telephone call and an email in the week of 21 March 2016 and such participant shall acknowledge and confirm his/her participation and attendance in the Competition, and (b) each successful on-ground participant by informing such participant of his/her participation and attendance at the Venue on the date of the Competition.In the event that a participant fails to confirm his/her attendance with the Channel’s Representative, the participant shall be deemed to have forfeited his/her further participation in the Competition and he/she will be replaced by the next best participant as determined by the Channel.
- All successful online participants must reach the Venue on 26 March 2016 by 9:00am Malaysia time for registration (the “Check-In”) with the Channel. All participants shall complete all of the documents or forms provided by the Channel, including an indemnity release form, in a clear and concise manner. In the event that the participant is under 18 years old as of the date of the Competition, his/her Guardian (as defined hereunder) must sign and acknowledge all such documents or forms. Failure to Check-In and/or complete any documents required by the Channel will result in disqualification from the Competition.
- During the Check-In, participants must submit three (3) sets of printouts comprising one (1) full length and one (1) close-up colour image of the anime, manga or video game character that the participant has chosen to cosplay. The images should be good representations of the character as he/she is officially depicted and should not be fan depictions or otherwise unofficial representations of the character.
- Based on the selection criteria stated below, the Channel’s Representative will choose ten (10) participants from the registration entries as the shortlisted participants of the Competition (the “Shortlisted Participants”). The Channel will notify all Shortlisted Participants by way of announcement at the Check-In Venue on 26 March 2016. In the event that a Shortlisted Participant fails to confirm his/her attendance with the Channel’s Representative, the Shortlisted Participant shall be deemed to have forfeited his/her further participation in the Competition and he/she will replaced by the next best participant as determined by the Channel.
The selection criteria for the Shortlisted Participants are as follows:
- Accuracy of the costume - 60%
The participants will be assessed based on the accuracy of their costume with respect to the anime character chosen by the participant.
- Workmanship of the costume - 40%
The participants will be assessed based on the quality and overall appearance of their costumes.
- Accuracy of the costume - 60%
- The Competition begins on 26 March 2016 at 1:00pm Malaysia time and ends on 26 March 2016 at approximately 2:30pm Malaysia time. All Shortlisted Participants shall attend a mandatory rehearsal for the Competition.
- Each Shortlisted Participant must submit any music and/or soundtrack required for his/her performance during the Competition to the Channel during his/her confirmation of attendance for further participation in the Competition. The music and/or soundtrack must be in MP3 format and stored in a compact disc or USB drive. The Channel will use its reasonable endeavors to playback the requested music and/or soundtrack, but the Channel will not be held liable in the event that the music and/or soundtrack is not compatible with the audio software and/or equipment available at the Venue.
- In the event that the Shortlisted Participant requires the Channel to provide any logistic support (e.g. microphones, chairs, tables) for his/her performance during the Competition, the Shortlisted Participant must inform the Channel during his/her confirmation of attendance for further participation in the Competition. The Channel will use its reasonable endeavors to provide the Shortlisted Participant with the requested support subject always to availability. For the avoidance of doubt, the Channel shall not have any obligation to provide any support that requires the Channel to incur additional costs.
- Each Shortlisted Participant of the Competition will be allowed to engage, at his/her sole costs and expenses, a maximum of three (3) helpers. The helpers shall not participate as supporting actors or voice-over artists for the performance or be on the stage at any point of time during the performance, failing which the Shortlisted Participant(s) may be disqualified from further participation of the Competition.
- Each Shortlisted Participant must perform a skit in their costume. The skit must be for at least three (3) minutes but not more than five (5) minutes, failing which the Shortlisted Participant may be disqualified from the Competition.
- A panel of three (3) judges will assess the performance of the Shortlisted Participant. Based on the selection criteria stated below, the panel of judges will choose one (1) first prize winner, one (1) second prize winner, and one (1) third prize winner.
The selection criteria for the first, second and third prize winners are as follows:
- Showmanship and entertainment value based on the creativity of the Shortlisted Participant’s performance - 50%
- Accuracy and workmanship of the Shortlisted Participant’s costume and the Shortlisted Participant’s representation of his/her selected character’s characteristics and personality - 50%
- The first prize winner will receive a Sony XperiaTM Z5 and an Animax goodie bag worth more than US$800 + 1 unit of Intuos Art Medium (CTH690AK)(Black) worth RM 941 (sponsored by Wacom).
- The second prize winner will receive a Sony XperiaTM Z4 Tablet 32GB and an Animax goodie bag worth more than US$600 + 1 unit of Intuos Comic (CTH-490)(Black) worth RM 496 (sponsored by Wacom).
- The third prize winner will receive a Sony PlayStation® 4 and an Animax goodie bag worth more than US$400 + 1 unit of Intuos Draw (CTL490DW)(White) worth RM358 (sponsored by Warom) .
The Channel will present the prizes to the winners on 26 March 2016 at the Venue after the official announcement of the winners.
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS:
- Participants must be citizens or legal residents of Indonesia, Malaysia or Singapore.
- Participants can be of any age. Participants below 18 years old as of the start date of the Competition must seek consent from their parent or legal guardian (‘Guardian’) prior to participating and each Guardian who provides such consent must, in addition, warrant and undertake that they are the legal guardian of the participant, that they will comply with these Official Rules, and that they will ensure that the participant complies with and performs the participant’s obligations under these Official Rules and must sign the indemnity release form. Each Guardian agrees to provide such warranty and undertaking in writing where requested by the Channel. All participants below 18 years old must have a Guardian sign the indemnity release form or they will be disqualified.
- Employees, agents, branches and promoters (including their immediate family members) of
Networks - Asia Pte. Ltd., and its divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries, and others associated with the Competition, are not permitted to participate in the Competition.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The Channel and its agents, affiliates and/or representatives are not responsible for any loss of entries due to any problems caused by telephone lines or systems or internet service providers, for entries received after the deadline as a consequence of telephone or internet service delays, interruptions, failures or overloads, or for lost, stolen, misdirected, misplaced or postage-due entries. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, tampered with, falsified, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.
- Where a Competition requires the participant to submit any content, by sending a submission, each participant warrants, undertakes and agrees to the following eligibility requirements:
- No submission shall directly or indirectly appear to or actually promote or advertise any person, entity, product or service other than the participant, the sponsors of this Competition, the Channel or any of the Channel’s affiliates;
- No participant shall make any trademark use or any other unauthorized use of any third party’s name, logo, trademark or service mark in any submission or infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party in any submission;
- The participant has received permission from any person whose likeness appears in the submission, or from such person’s parent or legal guardian if such person is under 18;
- No submission shall contain any unlawful, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, violent, cruel, threatening, abusive, harassing, bullying, stalking, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethnically-motivated, invasive of another’s privacy, of poor quality, or otherwise objectionable, unfit for publication, posting, or otherwise dissemination for public viewing element, all of the above as determined by the Channel in its sole discretion;
- No submission shall make any visual or audio references implicitly or explicitly to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any depiction or representation thereof, or be perceived as giving or threatening to give rise to criminal or civil liability, encouraging conduct that might constitute a criminal offense, or encouraging or providing instructional information about illegal activities; and
- All rights in and to the submission (excluding references to the sponsors of this Competition, if any, the Channel or any of its affiliates) shall be fully owned or otherwise controlled by the participant.
- During the Competition at the Venue, participants warrant, undertake and agree that:
- their performance shall not contain any unlawful, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, violent, cruel, threatening, abusive, harassing, bullying, stalking, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethnically-motivated, or otherwise objectionable, unfit for publication, posting, or otherwise dissemination for public viewing element, all of the above as determined by the Channel in its sole discretion;
- they shall not make any visual or audio references implicitly or explicitly to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any depiction or representation thereof, or be perceived as giving or threatening to give rise to criminal or civil liability, encouraging conduct that might constitute a criminal offense, or encouraging or providing instructional information about illegal activities;
- they shall be dressed appropriately. They are not allowed to be nude or wear anything that is too revealing;
- they shall not bring to the Venue any volatile, explosive, toxic, radioactive, reactive, corrosive or easily flammable substances or engage in any dangerous activities as determined by the Channel in its sole discretion; and
- they shall not vandalise or damage any property at the Venue. The Channel has the right to require any participant who is found vandalizing to clean up, repair or replace the vandalized/damaged property, in part or in whole, at their own costs.
- If any participant uses liquid props (e.g. fake blood) or other mess-inducing objects (e.g. confetti) and dirties the Venue, he/she must clean up the mess as may be directed by the Channel.
- By participating in the Competition, except where prohibited by applicable mandatory law, each participant hereby grants to the Channel, its affiliates, successors, licensees, assignees and the Channel’s authorized designees, a perpetual, fully-paid, royalty-free, transferable, fully sublicenseable, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, adapt, translate, reproduce, edit, modify, create derivative works from, combine with other works, post, transmit, perform, display, publish, communicate, communicate to the public, broadcast, reformat, make available, disseminate, distribute, and/or otherwise aurally and/or visually exploit (any one or more of the foregoing referred to as “Use”) the submission (if applicable), and the participant’s name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, performance, rendering, signature, silhouette, sounds and/or biographical data contained therein and/or in the registration information accompanying the participant’s participation in the Competition, in any media, manner, technology or content delivery mechanism now known or hereinafter devised, for any purpose, including, without limitation, in connection with the Competition, its administration, judging, advertising and/or publicity, and in connection with the promotion, advertising, publicity and/or other exploitation of the Channel, without the necessity of further consent or additional consideration.
- By participating in the Competition, each participant agrees to sign any further documentation requested by the Channel consistent with these Official Rules.
- By participating in the Competition, each participant agrees to be responsible, at his/her own costs, for arranging transportation, meals, accommodation and other incidental costs related thereto. The Channel will not be responsible in any whatsoever for the costs, expenses, loss or damage incurred by the participants as a result of participating in this Competition.
- By participating in the Competition, each participant acknowledges and agrees that his/her participation in the Competition is entirely at his/her own risks. The Channel will not be responsible in any way whatsoever and howsoever caused for any loss, damage, injury, disability or death resulting from his/her participation in the Competition.
- The Channel reserves the right to amend any of these Official Rules at any time without notice to the participants and without any liability whatsoever.
- The Channel has the right to disqualify any participant who fails to abide by these Official Rules or for reasonable cause at any time without any liability whatsoever.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, negotiated, refunded or exchanged, and by no means will a cash equivalent be given. Only a selected winner and not any other person or agent, may claim a selection.
- All selections will be made pursuant to these Official Rules. All taxes in connection with selections are the sole responsibility of each selected winner, unless provided otherwise in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
- The Indemnified Parties (as defined hereunder) make no representation, warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or at law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, fitness for any purpose or non-infringement.
- Each participant shall fully indemnify and hold harmless each of the Channel and its divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, including without limitation,
. and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agencies and branches, as well as all Competition sponsors, if any, and all other associated with the development and execution of this contents (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") from any and all claims, damages, losses, demands, causes of action, proceedings, expenses, and/or liabilities resulting or arising from or connected with, or claimed to have arisen, resulted from or be connected with: (i) the participant’s registration, participation, attempt to participate, or inability to participate, in the Competition; (ii) submission and/or Use by the Indemnified Parties of any submission (and/or any parts thereof); (iii) the participant’s failure to comply with any one or more of the Official Rules or any applicable laws, rules or regulations; (iv) the unauthorized use by the participant of, as applicable, the name, likeness, voice, work product, brand, trademark, logo of any person or entity; (v) the breach or alleged breach of any warranty, representation (including, without limitation any eligibility-related representation) or covenant made by the participant in connection with the Competition; (vi) acceptance and/or use of any prize, if any; (vii) any right or benefit granted by the participant to the Channel in connection with the Competition; and/or (viii) the participant’s negligence, willful misconduct, violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations or these Official Rules, or his or her violation of any third party’s intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other right.
- Participants release the Channel and its respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, including without limitation,
and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agencies and branches, as well as all Competition sponsors and all others associated with the development and execution of this Competition, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Competition and the awarding and use, misuse or possession of any prizes, including liability for personal injury, except where prohibited or limited by law.
- This Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore, without regard to choice of law principles. All actions or proceedings arising in connection with, touching upon or relating to this Competition, the breach thereof and/or the scope of the provisions of this section shall be submitted to the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (the “SIAC”) for final and binding arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre to be held in Singapore, in the English language, before a single arbitrator who shall be a retired judge. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. Prior to the appointment of the arbitrator or for remedies beyond the jurisdiction of the arbitrator,
Networks – Asia Pte. Ltd. may seek equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction in Singapore or such other court that may have jurisdiction over the participant, without thereby waiving its right to arbitration of the dispute or controversy under this paragraph.
- The Competition is void where prohibited by law. All relevant national and local laws apply.
- Please forward any questions or comments regarding the Competition to the following address:
Networks - Asia Pte. Ltd.
10 Changi Business Park Central 2